- Ensure you have a GitHub account ID, and send it to me
- Follow instructions in the QuantEcon Version Control Lecture
- Please do not forget to change the autocrlf setting in those instructions!
After the installation of the Github Desktop
in those instructions,
- The easiest way to clone a repository is to go to the link in GitHub, click "Clone or download", and then say "Open in Desktop".
- The first time you do this, it will ask you to run the executable on opening the link. Set this as the default behavior
- After that, you can choose the local directory you want the Clone to save in
Throughout GitHub, all comments, commit strings, and README files (and any file that ends in .md) uses Markdown for display.